Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Linux

Today's song is: Honky Tonk Women  .. Rolling Stones avec Sheryl Crow.


I am typing this blog entry in a Lubuntu vmWare image running under Windows 10 on my Alienware 13" laptop. Lubuntu is now my favorite Linux distribution, mainly because it is light weight, boots up fast and simply just works. It desktop gui is much like Windows 7. I could happily replace windows with this distro. I can even RDP to it with my Windows client. I did, however have to install xrdp which was super simple.

This distro could be used as a linux server because it is so light weight. I plan on uploading it as an EC2 (Amazon AWS) image and access it in the cloud to check to see if it is as fast as remoting to a Windows image in EC2.

Here are a couple of pics uploaded from Thavorn's Samsung Note 3 to this linux vm running under windows 10. My smartphone actually has an RDP client and can access both my laptop and the Linux vm.

Computers are getting really interesting, especially to coders :-)



TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment