Monday, January 11, 2016

Stranger in a Strange Land

Today's song is: Let's Dance by David Bowie .. RIP


Robert Heinlein wrote 'Stranger in a Strange Land' which is a very good read if you are into Science Fiction. BTW, it is where the word 'Grok' came from.

Sometimes when I see farangs in the LOS of smiles I can immediately see they can not grok how Thais differ from farangs. Reminds me of the book 'Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus'.
However, if you are just passing through on a once in a lifetime visit to the LOS I am not sure it matters. If, however you are a 'lifer' I am not sure you will be happy log term until you accept that Thais are Thais and you are a farang, a stranger in a strange land.

Technology is great, and makes my life in Thailand far easier than it would be without it. However, sometimes  ...


TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment