Sunday, January 5, 2020

Jaidan's Countdown

Today's song is: Send me an Angel   ... Scorpions


Bangkok, the City of Angels

Jaidan has started his own countdown to Canada. I printed out calendars for January and February and numbered the days (BTW, 2020 is a leap year) left before we fly to Canada. Every morning he crosses off that day and tells me the number of days remaining. Today there are 54 days remaining. Jaidan, has obviously learned to count to 60 and recognize and name numbers up to 60.

I thinking, of the 3 of us, Jaidan is most looking forward to living in Canada. Hopefully there will be snow when we arrive, although it is currently not looking good.

Thavorn was out partying last night with Fon and had a great time at Hillary 2. She managed to pick a good night with the best 2 bands playing. However, she did manage to arrive home by 1 am. We will both miss the Bangkok night life.

I am starting to rethink what car to lease. I was originally looking at a budget of $500 a month for something plush and fun to drive. However, I started thinking about cars are for. They are basically transportation to get you from point A to point B and are not really meant to amuse or excite you. I am now looking at a lease of under $250 which gets me a Civic sedan. I will save about $3,000 a year which gets close to getting two us to Thailand and back, perhaps at Christmas.  Sounds like a plan.


I have to remember my minimalist philosophy and not get caught up in marketing.

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment