Tuesday, January 7, 2020

52 Days and Counting

Today's song is: Top 50 Songs  ...


Jaidan is enjoying crossing off the days in his calendar while learning how to count backwards from 60. Pic below: You will have to excuse the photo as my phone's camera is having a problem.


I just cleaned the lenses and it is back to normal. Sticky Jaidan fingers is what I suspect as he often uses my phone.

On another note my buddy Harvey (Brit) just flew in yesterday and is spending a night in Bangkok before relocating to Hua Hin for 3 months. I will meet him downtown for a few beers tonight. Like many expats he prefers spending time in Hua Hin or Pattaya as the air is much cleaner and the living less expensive. Bangkok is now listed as one of the top 50 most expensive cities in the world. How times have changed in a decade!

I will have to change my Bangkok saying to:, 'You can't have fun in Bangkok, if you can't afford it!' I guess that accounts for so many 'looky looks' in and around Bangkok these days.

We have a village trip in the planning for the last week in January. It is Chinese New Year so I get a break from coaching. It will also probably be the last time Thavorn sees her family (at least Mom and Dun) for 18 months. I am not sure how she will handle that. Probably better than how I will handle 18 months without Bangkok night life :-)

One of the thinks I will miss is access to a good gym. I think I will have to purchase something for when I am in Canada. Besides free weighs, this half Smith machine is what I use the most. However, they are expensive. I will definitely have to shop around.


Speaking of getting in shape and staying in shape, Thavorn continues to lose a bit of weight and I suspect she is close to her goal of about 48 kilos. 



TTYL




No comments:

Post a Comment