Monday, January 20, 2020

40 Days vs Corona Virus #7

Today's song is: CBC on the Sars-like Virus


I lived through Sars and it was not fun as everyday like got disrupted.  Basketball tournaments were cancelled and everyone stayed home as much as possible.

This new corona virus has similarities and was incubated in China. Frankly I do not believe a word China says about the virus. Worse still, millions of Chinese are on the move within China and around the world for Chinese New Year.

It is a recipe for disaster!

Thailand already has 3 cases and I am getting a little worried. I coach at at a school with a very large Chinese population and we have a week of holidays starting this Thursday.

My major concern is not dying from the virus but spending a couple of weeks in a Thai hospital, and getting charged twice the Thai amount because I am a farang. My health insurance was good for only 93 days so I would be out of pocket for at least 500K baht.

I have decided at the first sign of a fever or cough, I will be back to Canada within 24 hours. That resets my health insurance for another 93 days. I may or may not return dependent on the date. My family and I have tickets for march 2nd and Thavorn and Jaidan would follow later dependent on dates.

IMHO this is just nature stating to the 1.4 Billion Chinese citizens that there are too many of you in too small a space. Combine their numbers with the pollution that they emit and it just scares you. Now that millions of them are air travel mobile, look out!

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment