Thursday, January 30, 2020

Choices

Today's song is: Paint It Black ... Stones 2006


My choices are:

1. Stay in the village for 10 more days and die of boredom
2. Go back to Bangkok and perhaps die of the Corona Virus

Tough decision but I have 2 more days of tracking the news which does not look all that promising. Apparently Thailand's tourist areas of Bangkok and Phuket loaded up with tourists from Wuhan during January and we are hearing nothing about any of them being ill or quarantined.  I suspect, if they are getting sick, the government is suppressing the news so Thailand's tourist numbers don't suffer.

I also don't know how these Chinese tourists are going to get back into China because few airlines are flying in or out of China at this moment. Mr Smilely Face is much like my Canadian PM, Trudope and is pretending there is nothing to worry about.

Time will tell and that is why I waiting to make a decision.  My extraction choices are:

1. I will fly back to Canada asap and Thavorn and Jaidan will follow March 2nd.
2. We all fly back asap.

Choice #2 means we eat Thavorn's and Jaidan's return flights to Phuket so she can say goodbye to her sister and Daughter. We would also have to pay some $$$ to change our 3 one way tickets to Ottawa.

Choice #1 gets me out of the country and covered by my Canadian health coverage. Jaidan and Thavorn are both Thai and are covered by the Thai health plan. They would have to fly by themselves on March 2nd, something Thavorn is hesitant to do.

Another worry is that the virus explodes in Thailand then airlines will also refuse to fly out or into Thailand and we will be stuck here until the virus runs its course.

I do not trust the Thai or Chinese government to report real numbers as it will affect their tourism and GDP growth negatively.

To spend my time constructively, I have started to exercise and read up on new technologies in programming.



Village life


Thavorn and Mother Gassing Up

TTYL


No comments:

Post a Comment