Friday, August 30, 2019

Walkabout

Today's song is: Born to be Yours .. Kygo and Imagine Dragons


Crocodile Dundee set out on a walkabout. I consider my  time in a walkabout as well.



This past 6 months I went for a walk each day (sometimes 15 kms) but I would never consider them a walkabout. I seldom give or get a hello and, as often as not, no reply when I try. So much for the grumpies maybe the people in cars are happier in their steel cocoon.

However, every walk I take in Thailand is a walkabout (except of course just a jaunt to the ubiquitous 7/11).  I  think that is the attraction for S.E. Asia and Thailand in particular. I find myself reacting to the environment, via the sights, sounds, and smells. People are friendly, smile and say hello. There is an adventure around every corner, and every bar.

I think the many expats I call my friends are of like minds and are enjoying their walkabout as well.

Today is our last day in Ottawa and I went for my morning walk and enjoyed the sunshine and 24 degrees and clean air, especially after the early morning rain. However, it was boring and I stopped in at Timmies as the breakfast sausage on a biscuit was on sale for 2-4-1 and both Thavorn and I enjoy them,

We are packed and are awaiting our drive to the airport at 2:30 via my daughter Jaime.  We will be in the air around 5ish and will spend the next 2 nights in Vancouver awaiting our flight on September 1 to the Big Mango.

We will be staying at Big Tree again as we try to have as many constants in Jaidan's life as possible as we traverse the world. He is getting an interesting education that I suspect is much different than kindergarten would give him.

Thavorn and I are both looking forward to something different. Not better, just different.


Jordan is growing up


and Thavorn is getting skinny


TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment