Thursday, September 5, 2019

Back in the LOS

Today's song is: Walk Me Home  .. Pink .. favorite of mine


Oh to be back in a developing country with access to lightning fast internet and mobile speeds and very inexpensive prices. Canada has a lot to learn in this regard. They are even starting to roll out 5G.

For example, my mobile plan is 80 gigs, shared across 5 sim cards, at 50 mbs, all for $60 a month.

Our flight from Vancouver to Bangkok was 24 hours, but that included a 7 hour stop over in Janning China.  Boring but we slept on the floor for about 4 hours and had a bite to eat. It is always a long ass flight no matter what you book, excepting first class.

Jaidan managed to sleep quite a bit and has turned into a great traveler.

Tonight is Friday night and Thavorn is heading out for a night on the town with about 5 of her close friends. They will start at some Thai venues, but they usually end up at Hillary 2 for some dancing.  Thavorn will sleep over downtown at one of her friends places. No doubt she will regale her friends with stories about farangland.

Tomorrow will be my favorite night out, Saturday and I am heading out with King Arthur and Shaun. We plan to bar hop as much as possible but as usual, I like to end up at Hillary 2 as well. It will be interesting to see if people recognize me with short hair. maybe I can pretend to be a naive first time tourist. That is always a lot of fun.

My basketball players were happy to see me and I was happy to see them. It should be a great year as my team is peaking.

So far, all is good, although I am still coding way to much as school boards back home roll out our new software. Hopefully that will diminish soon.

That's about it for now, but I should have some good tales to tell from my Saturday night out in the Big mango on Sunday.

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment