Thursday, August 22, 2019

8 Days Until the Journey Starts

Today's song is: Don't Call Me Up  .. Mabel


We are leaving Ottawa in 8 days but I have already planned for our next arrival in Canada about March 8th 2020. One of the first things I will do is buy a new car. After much research and a test drive I have decided to lease a 2020 Volkswagen Jetta GLI. It is the perfect vehicle for me as it accommodates the family well, has lots of power (228 horses and 258 pounds of torque), but best of all, it makes me smile  :-)


We measured a zero-to-60-mph time of 5.6 seconds with our dual-clutch automatic test car, matching the best figure we've recorded for a GTI, and a still-solid 5.8 seconds with the manual.


The other car that I really enjoyed driving was the Dodge Charger, but it is $10K more, so a no go.

We are starting to empty out the fridge and freezer so we don't end up wasting any food. extra clothing has been parceled out for storage in Canada and we plan to go back to Thailand with half of what we brought to Canada. Live and learn, particularly in Thavorn's case.

Jaidan is looking forward to seeing his Thai siblings, Tai and Dun. He is also looking forward to seeing snow again  :-)

When we arrive back in Canada in 2020, Jaidan will enter 5 Year old kindergarten at March break. Hopefully it will not be too traumatic for him.

Once we arrive in Thailand, Thavorn will recover from jet lag and then head off to the village to finish the purchase of land and see her family. I will start coaching and I am looking forward to it.

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment