Sunday, August 18, 2019

12 days of Thailand

Today's song is: Something Just Like This   .. Chainsmokers and Wake Me Up  .. Avicii




I imagine many men would like to have my life judging by the looks we get from everyday Canadians. Definitely not boring :-)

Just like the 12 days of Christmas, we have 12 days before flying, and just like the 12 days before Christmas we are very busy.

I am very busy as we convert the two Ottawa school boards to our new software.  A lot of the delay was due to board employees on summer holidays. However, this week, everyone is back so we hope to be live with the software by the end of this week.

Thavorn and I have suspected that Jaidan is on a growth spurt as he has been eating everything in sight. I just measured him, and he is now 4 feet tall (48 inches for you metric folks). Jaidan as always been over the 99 percentile. I decided to query Google to see how he is progressing.


It appears Jaidan is still ahead of the curve.  Thavorn's father was about 6'2" so I suspect he is getting some of that height. However, we are still in a booster seat for a while:

In Ontario, children under age 8, who weigh less than 36 kg (80 lb.) and are under 145 cm (4-foot-9) tall, must be secured in an appropriate child seat or booster. Once any of these limits are surpassed, the child only needs to wear a seat belt.

Now that Jaidan is 4 feet we will probably go to Universal Studios in Singapore while in Thailand, as he will be able to go on any ride. Ditto for Thavorn, who was pregnant last time we visited.


The old adage is that it is good to get away and good to go back home is true. The only problem is that I consider both Canada and Thailand to be home. Thavorn would side with Thailand, and Jaidan is on the fence.

My basketball team is awaiting my arrival and I am looking forward to seeing them. Great kids :-)

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment