Friday, August 9, 2019

21 Days Until Heading back to LOS

Today's song is: This Feeling  .. ChainSmokers


I was really disappointed with my progress in the fitness center. I was running 3.25 km or 2 miles and I did not feel I could go faster than 6 km/hr.  The equipment maintenance person was in today, and I asked him if the machines were metric or imperial and he said imperial.

So, it turns out I was running 3.25 miles at 6 miles an hour. I am quite okay with that as I never broke 5 minutes for a mile in high school and at 68 years, I am happy with 6 minutes.

We have 21 more days until we fly in the big airplane as Jaidan calls it.  My friend Arthur just flew in from Boston to Bangkok, and all he said was, 'Fuck, that's a long flight!'. That is why we fly to Vancouver, spend a couple of nights and then do the 11 hours to Taiwan, and then 4 more after a break to Bangkok.  I call it 3 meals, 3 movies, and 3 naps, with about six 10 minute strolls up and down the plane to get the blood flowing and the numb bum a break.

We (actually Thavorn) just noticed that Jaidan's passport needs renewing so we will do that on the 19th when we have a car rented. Oops, just noticed the 10 day waiting period.  Guess we will put the application in this Tuesday, the 13th.

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment