Thursday, June 15, 2017

Goodbyes

Today's song is: Homeward Bound ..  S & G


            I thought I would try a new look with the beard  ..  goatee and mini sideburns.


Inspired by :


I know, no comparison, but time will catch up with him  ..

I just finished watching the Netflix series Spartacus. Thavorn got hooked on it as well. The next season of Marco Polo should be available soon, but in the meantime I am searching for something to occupy my times. I hear House of cards is good, but probably does not hold a candle to Trump vs the Dems  :-)

Tonight is Harvey's last night out in Bangkok so we are off to the Kiwi Pub on Soi 8 for happy hour and then we will gravitate towards Cowboy. Phai, GF will accompany us so we will have to be good boys, at least Harvey.  Harvey is an Englishman from South London but we expats never discriminate

.Harvey flies out early Saturday morning and my buddy Shaun from Malaysia flies in Monday. Shaun is here to partake of the night life and being the eager grasshopper that he is, wants to learn how to program in Javascript, CSS, and HTML5 and the foot of a master. make or break, should be good fun. May have to stock up on vodka and red Bull and pull some late nighters to pull him up to speed.

My Canadian buddy John also flies out Saturday morning to Canada to visit friends and family. I am scheduled out on August 7, returning on September 8th. Summer vacation takes on a whole different meaning for expats.

A good friend back in Canada passed me this link on the 'Expat's Guide to Arriving Back in Canada' from the Globe and mail.  So true :-)



Great T-shirt


My friends, (left to right) Jimmy (Singapore), Harvey (England) and Arthur (America)

TTYL

1 comment: