Friday, June 16, 2017

A Brick Short .. Follow up

Today's song is: The Gambler  .. Kenny Rogers


Four posts ago I talked about Thavorn's friend who appeared to have won the Farang lottery and scored herself a 60 year old, working in Bangkok who suggested he 'look after her' to the tune of 70,000 baht a month. He gave 70K and then bought her a new iPhone 7 for 35K.

I mentioned this to my 4 drinking buddies and we thought this was all too strange. It turns out that perhaps it is/was as Thavorn's friend has not heard from said farang for over a week now. The lottery appears to have run out.  I suspect the farang decided to secure his investment by having Thavorn's friend followed and found out that she kept seeing her Thai boyfriend. Not all that unusual in the City of Angels.

I was out last night and arrived home about 2 am and I think we gave Harvey a great last night out in Bangkok. He flies out early Saturday morning and has a direct flight from Bangkok to London. Nine hours and back home, not too bad. He should be back in 2 or 3 months.

My fitness gym closed down unexpectedly and I am still in the search for a new gym to wok out in. Last night I bumped into a gym buddy and he too is still in the hunt for something affordable and close by. There are some but they are very pricey

I can't really recommend Crazy House these days. A couple of reasons. The girls are running a scam when they ask for a lady drink. Instead of asking for a whisky cola, they ask for a whisky and cola and that is actually 2 drinks and you are charge 330 baht which is the most expensive lady drink I know of in Bangkok. Chocolate, a long time friend (ex friend now) even pulled the scam on me. Chocolate had relocated to Phuket to have her baby (Thai boyfriend) but is now back at Crazy House because her earning potential is much greater than her Thai boyfriend who is looking after the child. Same Chocolate, but chubbier and with an ugly vertical c-section scar. I also noticed that the door person was asking for a cover charge on the Chinese tourists who wanted entry to Crazy House.  All in all, a bad experience.


My buddy Shaun arrives on Monday and we will working on his programming skills by creating a draw poker game. However, when in Bangkok, It is important to leave your heart back in your room when you head out for a night in the City of Angels.  Better to leave your brain in charge, rather than anything south of your head.  :-)

TTYL

2 comments:

  1. The trouble is the brain is also a little screwy. Is why grasshoppers need a sensei.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately wisdom arrives with age .. bummer :-)

    ReplyDelete