Saturday, June 24, 2017

My New Gym

Today's song is: Best Workout Songs


I have decided that I will now train in my apartment using simple equipment that does not cost a lot of money. I am doing this for a variety of reasons but mostly because of recent research on getting and staying fit. It also fits in with my work environment in that I can take breaks from programming and do my exercises without leaving the apartment.

Here is the research:




https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/kick-your-ass-and-kickstart-your-metabolism-in-20-minutes/

This what my equipment looks like:


and I will be adding this item at the end of the month.


which is used like this:







Throw in some planks for a minute at a time and your core will be very strong.

Theory states that a very high intensity exercise for a minute at a time gives you the same benefit as a 20 minute run. That's a very brief summary of the research and I encourage to read the above research.

So far I have discovered that it is easy to get breathing much heavier than I do in my 20 minute run. I have also discovered that 30 push ups at a fast rate does the same and is harder than lifting 300 kgs 10 times. My muscles are much more sore afterwards as well. The roller thingy is a creation from hell, but it makes your core very strong.

I will let you know how I progress but so far I am pleased with the results and it is way better than shelling out $1,000 a year for a gym membership!

1. Set of 30 situps
2. Set of 30 pushups
3. Set of rollies (12 reps, but hoping to increase soon  :-)
4. Set of one of the weight bag exercise.
5. Repeat 1-4 two more times
6. Finish with front and side planks

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment