Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Tourists .. the Good, the Bad ...

Today's song is: See You Again


Programmers vs coders? A good read ...

http://chickenwing.software/scratches/programming/on-coders-and-programmers

Last night I was out with some friends for wings and a beer and afterwards I headed off to Soi Cowboy to play some pool with #1. I played well but last all 3 games on the last shot. She is just a better finisher than I am but then again, she plays all day, everyday and at best, I play once a week. Time to get out and practice a bit :-)

Afterwards I headed off to Shark bar to say hello to Thavorn's best friend T who just started working at Shark's. It was interesting to see T a little embarrassed dancing in close to nothing but her bathing suit :-) A bit awkward when it is your friend watching.

Sitting beside me was a young Japanese boy, who turned out to be a 22 year old university student whose parents had purchased an airline ticket to Bangkok for the weekend as a break from University. He was nursing a beer and seemed to be enjoying the show. I invited T and one of her friends down to join me for a drink and introduced ourselves to the young lad. His English was not bad and he was very refreshing (somewhat naive) but lots of fun to tease.

He was staying out in backpacker's lane (Kowsan Road) and was just about out of money but had not seen much as of yet. I suggested he needed to stop in at Baccara's and Crazy House before heading back to his hostel and offered to treat him to a beer in each place. He jumped at the chance and off we went.

Baccara's is extremely popular with Japanese middle age men and Kan was surprised to see that about 80% of the crowd were his country men. He had a quick beer and headed off to Crazy House where Kan was wide eyed and taking in the scenery when my good friend Chocolate spotted me and came bouncing over. I suggested she grab a friend and the 4 of us head up stairs which is always a little roomier. Kan, being a young 22 good looking 6' 2" boy was a big hit and had girls hanging all over him and he was enjoying it so much we stayed for an hour or so and then at 11:30 I told him he had better get to the BTS as it starts to shut down about midnight. So we said our goodbyes and asked Chocolate to take our pictures which she had to do in the men's toilet as photos in the main area are not permitted.


I showed him the way to the BTS and we traded numbers for his next visit to Bangkok and much to my surprise he gave me a big hug and thanked me profusely for showing him a great time in Bangkok. Nice to meet such a great kid.

On another note, Chocolate told me she was leaving the trade as she turns 30 this August and always planned her exit by that time. he told me she is tired of bar fines and playing for pay and will go live in Phuket and work in her sister's restaurant. She had always hoped to meet a farang who would look after her, but it just never happened. She is a wonderful girl and if I did not have Thavorn I would have snapped her up. I have known her now for 4 years.  We traded numbers and I told her I would give her a call in September when I am in Phuket.

The Dollhouse was closed as the owner fell off a 45th floor balcony and I would guess the legalities of his estate have to be worked out. The Dollhouse is my favorite GoGo bar and it is where I first met Chocolate.

Today I was walking back from Terminal 21 after having picked up my new glasses, which I am getting adjusted to as I type this post when I viewed an ugly scene committed by a large farang with his small gay Thai guy in tow. Motorcycle taxis are always where they are not supposed to be, and are often on sidewalks. It is just the way it is, and you adjust to it. It turns out a motorcycle with a passenger was trying to squeeze between 2 cars at the same time as the bad farang and he elbowed both the driver and passenger as they passed each other in the small space. The bad farang is just stupid and was lucky to have gotten away with it as he could have easily been jumped by 10 Thai guys who would have supported the motorcycle taxi driver. Another case of when in Rome ...

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment