Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Communications

Today's song is: Top 50 dance songs by Billboard .. January 2016


Communications when you are far from your friends can be problematic and costly. First off, forget about roaming, especially with data plans. Way too costly.

As long as you don't mind relying on WiFi then the various 'messenger' type programs have something to offer. These programs include LINE, WhatsApp, Viber, Facebook, Hangouts, etc. They also often include video but there is always a catch, and in the case of these programs I have found the quality of the connection to be sketchy at times. It all depends on both the originating and destination connections and the net in between.

The next type of app is the more dedicated programs such as Vonage, Skype, NetTalk, MagicJack, etc. I have used Vonage, Skype, and NetTalk mobile apps. My favorite at this moment in time is Vonage Mobile available on the Play store and Apple stores. Calls (and video) are free between the apps and calling to phone numbers is very inexpensive. You just apply some credit (from the appropriate store) and start calling. The call quality is excellent and I do believe it is cheaper than Skype, my second favorite. Each of the above have physical devices but I find the mobile apps more convenient and my phone is always with me.

Check out the advert below and read the review beneath it. Download the app and give me a call :-). Vonage mobile will search your contact list and show you which of your contacts have the app and who you can call for free.

I just downloaded the new Vonage Mobile app which lets me talk and text worldwide for free with other app users!
Vonage Mobile works on Wi-Fi, 3G and 4G data networks worldwide so I save on my carrier minutes and text plans. Download it now for iPhone and Android from download.vonagemobile.com/vmapp or search for Vonage Mobile in iTunes or Google Play, and we can talk and text for free!


TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment