Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Grand Experiment

Today's song is: Under my Thumb ... YASS


Can I survive a month in the village at one time. That is this summer's grand experiment and I have been preparing for it. I now have my own instant mosquito net. It pops up much like a popup umbrella. I am also purchasing a mattress top at Ikea to make my stay on the floor more comfortable.

Our lease is up on April 30th and we will travel to the village at that time and my month begins. As I have mentioned before, I have very good connectivity in the village and my work/blog will not suffer but I imagine I will due to the lack of aircon (fans notwithstanding). We don't own much and what we do own will easily fit in the back of a pickup truck and Thavorn has a cousin who (How the heck do you figure out to use who or whom?) we will hire to take us and our stuff to the village. I hope to do a little bit of running in the morning, before it heats up. Time I lost a few kilos and got my 6 pack back. Jaidan also has many children to interact with in the village and seems to enjoy it except for the heat in the summer.

On May 31st I will travel to Bangkok, spend the night, and catch my flight to Ottawa the next morning on June 1st at 9:15 am. I will be in Ottawa for almost 2 months, until July 27th when I fly back to Bangkok to be there in the village for Jaidan's 2 year birthday.

While in Ottawa in June, I will catch my daughter Jaime's 30th birthday as she enters middle age. I will also spend copious amounts of time working with my partner Brent. I would also like to see as many friends as possible so please feel free to invite me for dinner, drinks, and a good time. I am even able to visit for a couple of days if you have a place on the water and would like some good company (hint to Ann, Debbie, Liz, and Larry).

When I return to the village I have another month in the village and then Thavorn, Jaidan and I will return to Bangkok (probably, the same condo building) and spend another year in the City of Angels. September is a good month for Thavorn and I as we both have birthdays and I have booked a week at the Marriott Beach Resort in Phuket so Thavorn can spend her 30th birthday with all 4 of her children for one week, which will be a first for her.

It has been wonderfully cool again in Bangkok for the past 3 days and we have not turned on the aircon. It is winter, afterall, so here's hoping we continue to get some cool air flowing into Thailand. It is quite humorous to see the Thais all bundled up in jackets as I stroll by in t-shirt, shorts, and sandals. There is justice in the world :-)

TTYL



1 comment:

  1. Name your date and your room on the Ottawa River is reserved!
    Grills Hotel

    ReplyDelete