Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Hump Day Ritual

Today's song is ... I can't get no satisfaction  ... the 2013 edition seems to resonate with me ... boomers still have something to give ...



It is pretty well becoming a hump day ritual to head out about 4 pm to Rendezvous bar with Jaidan to chat with whatever farangs are hanging about. Thavorn shows up about an hour and 3 vodka and orange juices later and we head out for the walk to Soi Cowboy. Along the way I stop so Jaidan can chat with the numerous massage and bar girls. Jaidan is well known and I kind of have to stop and chat.

When we get to Soi Cowboy we head to Country road. The band does not usually start up until 6 pm so we have time for some games of pool. I was stacked up against a German and his Thai girlfriend who were quite good. I was playing well and won the first 2 and lost the 3rd so I retired a winner and gave Thavorn a chance to play. She was up against 2 Thai girls who were obviously cruising the bars for farangs but it was early so they welcomed the competition. She split the 6 games, winning 3 of them. As always the loser pays for the table so winning is good.

We finished up about 8 pm and headed home but we stopped off at Queen's Park to visit some friends. I was hungry so I took a break at Subway for their Wednesday special of a 6" tuna sub. Thavorn chatted with old friends and Jaidan and I cruised the bars chatting with new bar girls and I visited an bar owner I have known for years.

After an hour, it was time to head home but Thavorn bought some street food for herself and Jaidan. Home it was, time to eat, and then into the bath with Jaidan. The 6 beers and 3 vodka are taking their toll so it could be an early night.

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment