Monday, July 13, 2015

Busy Days

I have been busy programming and learning over the past couple of days. I have always looked for an easy to use, inexpensive Electronic Portfolio for students, teachers, and parents to collaborate and share their work. I came across an excellent open source project that I am converting into a turn key system for International and private schools. However, the project has greatly reduced my bottle of scotch (Dewar's White Label) and tested Thavorn's patience, not to mention Jaidan missing his Papa playing with him and bar hopping.

It is only fitting that today's song features education ...


Thavorn, Jaidan and I did get out to Country Road on Soi Cowboy on Thursday night. We usually go on hump day but I got busy programming so we did Thursday. Jaidan is back to being sociable and now is willing to head off in the arms of any pretty bar girl and there is no shortage of them lined up to take Jaidan in their arms.

There is one particular bar girl at Country Road who is quite a character and has taken Jaidan since he turned 8 months. I always worry when she disappears with Jaidan but he seems to enjoy her. On Thursday night he disappeared a little bit longer and I went in search of him. He was nowhere to be found and I worried a bit and then noticed that Jaidan was in the another bat across the soi entertaining a new group of bar girls. He is quite the bar butterfly at times. Of course the Country Road bar girl found it highly amusing I went in search of my boy.

Jaidan is well into the Frankenstein walk and can go about 5 metres at a time without falling. He also does a great imitation of his papa's snoring on Thavorn's prompt but much to her chagrin he does not perform it in public. He also can 'wei' now which is kind of cute.

His most enjoyable activities are going for walks with Papa, whether on his shoulders or in his body carrier, he is most content. He also likes to crawl under my work desk and pull out the plugs to my computers. He has a healthy appetite and loves to lick the soles of our shoes which drives me crazy because of the filth that is on the streets of Bangkok. If there is ever a pandemic in the world, Thais will last the longest due to their immune system getting such a workout.

I tried to explain to Thavorn that we have street sweepers in Canada and she said no big deal they have them in Thailand as well.

Image result for street sweeper bangkok images

Bangkok street sweepers

Image result for canadian street sweepers

Canadian street sweepers

Apparently the bars are not all that busy at this time of year (rainy season) but we are in the midst of a drought and many rice crops will fail. There has been precious little rain this year. 

Jaidan turns 1 year old on July 31st so we will have to have some kind of party for him. Not sure what at this date, but will come up with something.


Jaidan loves Cats and Dogs.

Here he is with Trey, the owner and operator of 3 bars in Queens Park. Trey's mom just died which made her an orphan and time she spends with Jaidan is very therapeutic for her. She often drops by our apartment to spend some time with Jaidan. In Canada she would be jailed for living off the avails of prostitution. She sees herself as more of a match maker. I quite like her.

TTYL



No comments:

Post a Comment