Sunday, May 3, 2015

Rock Bands - Boy Bands - Woman - Girl ...

It is interesting to follow the popular music trends for the past 50 years or so. In the 70's we had mainly hard rock male bands belting out the tunes. Some bands like Meatloaf and Abba added women to complement the men. Then all of a sudden boy bands were all the rage and the pubescent girls went crazy. Madonna also showed up and created the solo female entertainer with backup. Then we lost all taste and pubescent girls hit the charts. Not sure where the great Canadian embarrassment Justin Bieber fits in.

Personally, of all of them I find Meatloaf most to my taste. Their first album was brilliant so it was downhill from there. How do you trump brilliant. 'Paradise by the Dashboard Light' reflects on lust vs love and the price we pay for lust. 'Bat Out of Hell' describes the punter loose in Bangkok.

My thoughts strayed to music as I reflected on how excited Thavorn's ex boyfriend was about getting married to a Laotion girl he just met. He does not have any money and should not be getting married but apparently the young lady has saved up 100,000 Baht ($3,500) and is willing to give it to him for the marriage celebration. I suspect she is really buying a Thai passport with the money as the standard of living in Thailand is much better than Laos. A 300 Baht minimum wage per day is something to aspire to. I am not being facetious :-) Maybe a little bit :-)

Today's pic is of Jaidan riding on Tavorn's shoulders to get a feeling for how heavy he is. He rides up there on my shoulders for kilometers at a time. Saves me from buying a gym membership.


and if we can get a break from carrying Jaidan ... we take it!


12.5 kilos and growing

TTYL

2 comments:

  1. He seems like a giant baby to me considering he is only a half-year old. Between having a baby on my shoulders for kilometers, and having 110 kg on my front deltoids for 30 seconds, I think the former would be more exhausting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaidan just turned 9 months old. I just weighed him and he s 12.6 kilos. He is taller now but is getting meaner and leaner. I suspect he will be walking sometime this month as he has been creeping for a month.

    ReplyDelete