Saturday, May 9, 2015

On the Mend

This post's song is from Meatloaf  ... By the Dashboard's Light ... Takes me back to my teenage years and watching the submarine races at Hog's Back.


I hope you are not living your life ... 'Praying for the End of Time'.

Jaidan and I are a lot better today, now that our fevers have dissipated. It is Sunday .. either the end of the week, or the start of the week. I hope you are liking my music feature. I am really enjoying reviewing and selecting songs to include. There are so many awesome songs to choose from and using inductive (non linear) approach to reasoning, you can expect no rhyme or reason to what I select.

This reminds me of my good friend Larry, who is definitely a linear, deductive thinker, and thus the opposite of me. Larry taught Mathematics at St. Pius X and coached girls basketball. Mathematics is the ideal subject for a linear, deductive thinker to teach. I myself, taught Computer Science, where there is no 'right' answer and marks awarded for the correct steps in a proof. I also coached basketball at St. Pius X and that is how inductive and deductive came together to produce many winning St. Pius X basketball teams.

Larry loved the games and I loved the practices. There was no one better in a timeout than Larry. We were both students of the game and I still miss coaching very much despite having coached over 1,600 games in my coaching career that lasted 30 years.

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment