Monday, May 11, 2015

Friends

I have a good friend 'Up the Valley' from Ottawa who is 'happily' married albeit for the second time. It appears that we often get it 'right' the second time around. Deb sent me an eMail shortly after I started including some of my favorite music with each post. She was curious to see what Eric Clapton  song I would choose.

Eric has been prolific over his career (including the Yardbirds and Cream) and there are many of his songs I enjoy listening to including 'Tears in Heaven' and 'Wonderful Tonight'. I won't keep her waiting any longer so here is my favorite Clapton song.


Deb and Bob live in an idyllic setting overlooking the Ottawa river where it broadens out into a bay. Perhaps I can convince Deb and Bob to leave their beautiful home and travel halfway around the planet to visit me in Thailand. She has an adventurous spirit so it might happen.

Another friend, Gabe retires from the Ottawa Catholic School Board on June 9th. Gabe was the swiss army knife of the IT consultants at the Board. He could do it all, and often did. The Board will miss Gabe's skill set and willing attitude. He is the last of the chimps to retire and with his retirement, a chapter in the history of the Board is closed. Have a great retirement Gabe and I would love to entertain you in Thailand. The scouts are big in Thailand ... but I am sure you know that :-)

I am in Ottawa in August and September so we (anyone who likes to laugh) will have to get together for a 'meatball' sandwich at the Prescott and a beer, or two, or three :-)

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment