Sunday, January 17, 2021

Latest Mule

 Today's song is: Anyone ... Justin

For my latest mule I went to the 2011 Lego supercar, the 8070. It is the largest car I have and was somewhat motorized. Of course I could not leave it alone and I applied my latest electronics which features a color display ala Tesla.  This was the original with a working V8, hood, doors, and truck that open and shut. No wheels driven and no motorized steering, and of course no remote control.



My version has bluetooth control via my phone and features 2 L motors and a servo motor all running off a 9.6 volt NIMH rechargable battery. I am waiting on new motors from China which are about 25% more powerful so this mule should move. I was able to keep the motorized doors and front hood but had to give up the motorized trunk to make room for the baeery and electronics.

Some pics:


The 2 L motors will attach out back, but that will change :-)


Working V8 and gears to drive doors and lids.


My electronics, microcontroller on left, motor dirver on right.
Green battery underneath.


Profile is clean with minal wiring showing.


The dimensions are 58.2 x 37.8 x 8.7 centimeters

I am quite please with how the electronics are integrated into the design. I could shrink them by another 50% but I like my display and push buttons for testing all the functions.

We are also enjoying the winter weather and are sledding in the backyard and building a snowman. Jaidan loves the snow and Thavorn finds it 'beautiful'.





TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment