Friday, January 8, 2021

Canada Post

 Todays song is: Little Deuce Coupe ... Beach Boys

I have been waiting on Canada Post's Xpress Delivery (within 4 business days) since Dec 29, 2020. It is now January 8th and Canada Post says they are busy. Do you think they will refund me back my $12. I doubt it as there is no accountability.

My test mule was waiting on a smaller BlueTooth module but I got bored and decided to clean up my current test mule and so I did. It turned out pretty well as my electronic components are locked down with Lego and crash protected with a bit of a roll bar. 

I am pretty sure this car will hit 30 km and hour and if I lose a wheel at that speed then it will probably flip and I don't want to write off the $35 component.  Now, I just have to wait for some nice weather for a speed run.

Jaidan's online class (grade 1) went well this week and that kept me pretty busy monitoring him. He came up to speed during the week and worked hard.  The bad news is the provincial government has gifted us with 2 more weeks of online learning!

Some pics:


Motor driver board protected by Lego



Lights surround the Cirtcuit Playground bluetooth module.
Beneath it is the crickit addon that is really not necessary, but
has lots of sensors I will make use of.


Nice clean ass end


Direct gear drive axle. I will probably reverse one motor for symmetry


Wires are routed under Lego. I really should shorten them all, 
but I am waiting for parts from China. (cheap)


Worm gear driven steering, my design


Underbelly is fairly strong and tidy, first speed run will test it.


The two drive motors. I will reverse one. Why not, something to do.


Under view of steering mechanism.


Two electronics boards sitting on top of NIMH 9.6 volt rechargable.


Roll bar is now installed
TTYL




No comments:

Post a Comment