Sunday, January 10, 2021

Franken Mule

 Today's song is: Need for Speed

Jaidan has always wanted to drive my Lego vehicles but they are too fast for indoors and don't hold up well to crashing into things. We are also locked down for months to come so we both need forms of intertainment. I thought, 'What better than racing on an indoor track?'

For that to happen, I had to come up with 2 vehicles, similar is style, size, and speed. I came across this vehicle for Jaidan on Amazon.ca. It is an off road buggy, powered by Lego's latest motor control system which is finally bluetooth. This gave me the opportunity to learn about the new system as well as get one vehicle out of the way.

Definitely not cheap at $179 CDN but what the heck, we have to survove the monotony of the lockdown and designing courses and racing will be fun. This will be Jaidan's vehicle.

As for me, time to design my indoor Franken mule. I had already canibalized the Lego corvette and I had a Lego XL motor that I wanted to explore. These motors are slow but very torquey so the vehicle has to be able to handle the torque on startup and also has to be geared up to increase the speed of the vehicle.

I am verry pleased with the design and Jaidan drove it all over for half an hour this morning. It is controlled by a hand held bluetooth controller that came with my Icarus car form China that I am not currently using because I replace it with a Buwizz.






So far, it is pretty strong and about the same speed as the Lego buggy that will arrive on Monday. Unlike Canada Post, Amazon delivers on time :-)

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment