Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Covid Update

 Today's song is: Mood .. Bieber et al

Jaidan is back in a regular classroom and my days are free again, so, maybe, I will post a bit more.

A bit of a setback with my latest mule as I fried the microcontroller that was powering it. $60 up in smoke.  I decided to go all in and order a Raspberry Pi as a controller and a motor hat. Way more expensive so I will try not to fry them.

Meanwhile I have decided to optimize my programming desk and here is a pic of it.  The motorized desk is important for anyone coding for more than 8 hours. The dual monitor setup is required for productivity. The left monitor can be recorded (both video and voice over) for documentation/training. The device with the green light is the Hauppuage Rocket which records to my 500 gig ssd drive on a push of the big red button. 

I have a Amazon Echo 5 (gift from my daughter Jaime) with a display for quick info on anything from weather, amazon deliveries, and trivia. On the right are my headphones for listening to YouTube tutorials. My mouse is a Logitect MX Master which is ergonomic to prevent RSIs.

The laptop is a Lenovo Think Pad with 16  gigs of memory and a 500 gig ssd internal drive. The coffee mug is large size and a present from my son Jordan.


Meanwhile, back in Bangkok, the bars are shutting down and many will never reopen. The coup born governmnet is still under reporting covid and does very little testing. The government still believes the tourist will come flocking back but that will probably never happen post covid, and if so, defintely not befoe 2022. A whole generation of bar girls has seen their lifestyle yanked out from under them and are back in the hinterland bored out their tree. The Thai economy is probably back to circa 1995 but the government has yet to realize it. Thailand has priced themselves out of the main tourist market and prices will have to come down and government bureaucracy needs to make it easy for tourists to visit.
 
Do I miss Thailand? You bet. The normal loso Thai are great people (okay, not all) and deserve a better life. The student protests looked promsing but the government are locking up the leaders now. A 60 year old lady was sentenced to 40 years in jail for posting a video on Facebook. Governments around the world have to do something aout this by applying pressure to Thais in power but little seems to be happening on that front. I suppose our government officials enjoy their cheap seafood too much.

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment