Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Visa Renewal and 90 Day Reporting

Today's song is: Alice's Restaurant  .. Arlo Guthrie  .. sums up my feelings today


Duh, you think I would put 2 and 2 together?  I mentioned in a previous post that I no longer live in the province of Bangkok. I now live in the province of Samut Prakan, although for all purposes if it smells like a duck and walks like a duck  .. it looks like Bangkok and the BTS spans both.

So on Tuesday I traveled to the Immigration Government Complex to try to do my 90 day reporting and my Retirement Visa renewal at the same time. Despite killing about 6 hours I accomplished neither. I was told that I lived in Samut Prakat now and needed to go to the Samut Prakan Immigration office to do all my immigration stuff from here on in.  So back home I went and considered it a wasted day.


The Bangkok Immigration office lineup at lunch hour


My coffee #1 while waiting


My coffee #2 while waiting


Where I now go for my immigration needs  .. no lattes here  ..

This morning I headed off with Thavorn and Jaidan in tow for the 45 minute taxi ride to the SamutPrakan Immigration office in, you got it, the City of Samut Prakan. The good news is that it beats the 90 minute commute to the Bangkok office.  The bad news is that I was still registered in my Bangkok apartment because the administration of my new building did not file a form 30 stating I now lived in Samut Prakan. Good thing I took Thavorn along with me because the officials working at Samut Prakan did not have a good grasp of the English language.

Another wasted trip and $400 baht in taxis fees. At least it was better than the 600 baht in taxi fees yesterday. I arrived back at our apartment building and immediately inquired if they had submitted a form 30 for me and lo and behold they had not but could do so online now and present me with a copy to take to the Samut Prakan office the next morning at 8:30 am.  No so sorries  .. you can't expect them to admit neglecting to do something as they lose face. The law required them to submit the form 30 within 24 hours of accepting a tenant.

I am hoping to get my immigration needs fulfilled tomorrow as I am now running into the time limits of my 90 day and 365 day visa and will get blacklisted if I go over the 365 days.

I will let you know how it goes tomorrow.

TTYL

1 comment:

  1. Well, you can chill out when you go on holiday in a few days! It's 22 degrees today with a humidity level making it feel like 31. Same as yesterday. Go figure. It was 0 degrees overnight 3 days ago with a threat of frost. It's a roller coaster.

    ReplyDelete