Saturday, October 13, 2018

Post 550

Today's song is: Photograph .. Nickleback


Tomorrow, Sunday, we fly off to Phuket, Thavorn, Jaidan, and I, plus the 2 urchins from the village, Tai and Dun.  It should be a fun time as the 2 urchins have never flown, seen the ocean, or stayed in a 5+ star resort.  Our unit has a washer and drier so all I want to take is one carry on per person. No problem for me  :-)

I am starting to look at flights back to Canada and it looks like we will take a one way to Vancouver, stay for a week (buy some winter clothes) and then take 3 return Aeroplan flights to Ottawa, returning to Vancouver about September 1 and flying one way from Vancouver to Bangkok.



Usually I stay away from one way flights but the cost of a one way from Bangkok to Vancouver is less than one half of a return trip. I think this is due to the proliferation of flights by Chinese airlines.

I am happy with the above as Vancouver airport is more worldly than the rinky dink Ottawa airport and I don't want Thavorn to think that Canada is backward country.  If you have ever flown into KL or Suvarnhibumi Airport you will understand.  It also gives Thavorn and Jaidan a bit of time to get used to 2 or 3 degrees before subjecting them to -20 in Ottawa.

I will use resort points and stay at the Sheraton in downtown Vancouver.


and, of course Vancouver is always listed as one of the top 3 cities to live in the world.


I also lived in Vancouver for 2 years and know it quite well. Perhaps we will rent a car and head off to Whistler for a weekend before heading off to Ottawa.  Lots to think about!

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment