Thursday, October 18, 2018

Chillin in Turtle Beach

Today's song is: Kinky Friedman in Ireland  .. Doesn't get much worse  .. not for the PC


Well we polished off our  2 lites of red wine and Shaun came up with 750 ml of Vodka and a brace of red bull bottles.  We are awaiting the arrival of 4 more Thai people which will bring the grand total of humanity in our 2 bedroom resort to 10.  Can you say cosy?

When they arrive Thavorn and her sister plus Pom (sister's partner) will head off to Tesco to buy some pork, veggies, and rice to feed the hordes over the next couple of days!  I dare say we will need some more vodka and Red Bull to get us through to the weekend. Thavorn's sister can not drink because she is 3 months pregnant and her partner is an abstainer which is highly unusual for a Thai male. Thavorn's sister's name is Rodchana.  I probably misspelled her name.

We are listening to Thai song's and dancing about the room  ..  hard to imagine but true.  Vodka and Red Bull tends to make you a little crazy  :-)  crazy but good  :-)

The other two arrivals is Thavorn's third child Bie Derry who is a bit of a princess and her grandmother Jit who facilitates the princess.

What are holidays for?  To cut lose and do stupid things  :-)

This begs the question  .. What will I do for entertainment in Canada. There is always my older sister Ann's cabin in the woods which always brings out the child in me  .. Then again, it may be the red wine that is always in copious supply there  .. or it may be her husband Bill, who is the perfect foil for my unorthodox view points  .. or perhaps the presence of my two older children  who I feel the need to make laugh at my antics  .. but more likely, it is the Peter Pan in me  .. whatever, I always have fun  .. maybe it is the Strub pickles  .. this time around weed will be legal so I will leave it up to Jordan to come up with some wacky brownies or chocolate (weed) cookies to liven up the party.

Thavorn has disappeared to the shower to freshen up for the new arrivals.. I myself, am always happy with who (whom) I am   :-)  I never could figure out who versus whom.

It is amazing how alcohol  facilitates my discourse  ..  or so it seems  :-)

I am happy that we are booked for Canada but at the same time I am a bit apprehensive that Thavorn and Jaidan will not like Canada  .. Time to think about that when it happens   .. time to be more Thai like and live in the present.

My buddy Ashley is set to leave around December 1st to travel around the southern USA in a camper van  .. no doubt he will check in with my buddy Michael to vacations in Florida with  his new gf during the winter.  I suggested to Ashley he take up my challenge to visit as many Div 1 bball games as possible before he arrives back in Canada, hopefully after march madness is over.

Shaun is ahead of me by one vrb (vodka red bull) so I have to say  ..



Tacky and Thavorn  ..

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment