Friday, July 13, 2018

Were Are You Now?

Today's song is: A medley of my favorites  .. for Thavorn











On any given night in Hillary 1 or 2 you will hear many of these songs.  Mostly mushy love songs that Thavorn and I like dancing to.  You can substitute many Thai girls for Thavorn but it is not the same, but for a tourist passing through it seems to suffice.

However, if you decide to make her permanent, be prepared for a bit of the last song with Eminem. They are a feisty  females.  Hear be dragons  :-)

Thavorn and Jaidan get back from the village tomorrow or Monday. I am looking forward to it. I am good for about 3 days then I get lonely and bored and most of my drinking buddies are available this time of year so I have been getting out and about. I have a bit of a reputation as a butterfly with the bar girls. That means I like to play around. I usually remind them I am not a butterfly, more like a helicopter which usually gets a laugh out of them.

However, I follow Thavorn's rule of no boom boom, which leaves me free to bar fine them and go dancing, and bar hopping. The girls especially like to go bar hopping because they are not allowed entry to bars when they are by themselves or in a group of girls.  Ok mai if they are with a farang.
Actually bar fining a girl and taking her bar hopping saves me money as I am not buying lady drinks all night long  :-)

I have found there are 2 reasons they like to see other bars.  One, they like to see what it is like to work in the different bars, and two, they have an appreciation for beautiful sexy girls.  I figure about 33% of Thai girls are bi.

One of the reasons I like and find bar girls refreshing is they are honest about most things. They will lie to you about how long they have worked in the bar, whether they have a Thai boy friend or a farang on the hook, etc., but they quickly tell you how old they are, how much they weigh, how many babies they have, whether they like girls, etc.  Basically if it affects the bottom line, they may lie, if not, usually truthful.

I have mentioned before that I have a different experience dependent on how I answer the questions, 'Where you come from?' and How long you stay in Bangkok?' If I answer, I have lived in Bangkok now for 8 years, the bullshit disappears and I can have a real conversation with them.  The next question however will dramatically change the direction of the conversation ... You have Thai wife?'

Tonight I am out with my English buddy Harvey who is over the loss of England in the world Cup semi final. It should be fun but I will go easy on the booze as I wish to be happy and cheerful (there is a difference) when Thavorn and Jaidan arrive tomorrow.



TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment