Thursday, July 12, 2018

Friends

Today's song is: Fun, Fun  Fun .. Beach Boys


I have many friends in Bangkok who just happen to be girls. I can share a beer with them, share a dinner, and chat with them about their lives, their families, and future aspirations. I think , perhaps I could fill a book and may do so one day.  All of these girls are, or were working girls!

I suppose that is totally not PC and I would be criticized my many people, especially women.

However, I take solace in the fact that a great historical figure also chose to hang around with working girls, hung out with a great group of guy friends, and chose to criticize the establishment and was definitely not driven by political correctness. He lead a simple life and certainly did not use his time accumulating and worrying about 'stuff'. We could learn a lot from this young man  .. his name was Jesus.

Don't think for one moment that I am comparing my lifestyle to his. I only draw your attention to the simple life he lead. It is unfortunate we know so little of the first 25 years of his life. I think we could learn much from how he lived.

You would never know that it is low season in the Big mango. Hillary 2 was so busy on Tuesday night that it was difficult to move around and the dance floor was packed. The good news is the waitresses could not get to you so you could enjoy the band and dance for a couple of hours without spending any money. I, for one, did not need anything else to drink :-) I usually arrive at Hillary 2 after bar hopping through the many happy hours at Soi Cowboy. As usual I move between Nana and Soi Cowboy which takes 1 minute and costs $2.

I had a lovely dinner with one of my girl friends at the Wine Connection (highly recommended of upscale restaurants in Bangkok). She usually picks at her food but demolished the lemon sea bass in record time. She normally avoids hi-so farang restaurants but I pointed out, that I was the only farang in the restaurant.


Her meal


My meal


many wines

We then walked the 2 kilos to Soi Cowboy, had a quite a few happy hour drinks, in many bars and chatted with some more of my friends, before catching a taxi to Hillary 2.

It was a great night, and I dropped her off at her BF's hotel who had spent the day golfing and was saving himself for the next night and the England vs Croatia game at 1 am. Of course he is English and is weeping today as England lost.

Thavorn and Jaidan are still in the village as I am coding during the days and getting out about every third night. Definitely will have to go for a walk tonight to burn some carbs and add a few carbs via happy hour drinks.

BTW, happy Hour prices were banned in Canada many years ago.  Just another government intrusion into your life.  I have heard you are now responsible for friends that leave your house under the influence. Whoa!  When did we lose responsibility for our own behavior!  I doubt the house owner tied you up and pouted the alcohol down your throat via a funnel.

This PC world is getting out of hand. S.E. Asia is different but I have no doubts that eventually the governmental types will take our fun away, big daddy takes my t-Bird away  :-)

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment