Sunday, July 1, 2018

State of Relationships

Today's song is: Everything I do, I do it for You  .. Bryan Adams at Wembley 1996


This post has a lot of truth in it ... I don't subscribe to all of it, but much of it rings true to me  ...

https://www.stickmanbangkok.com/readers-submissions/2018/06/through-the-eyes-of-women-and-society-were-the-bad-guys/

however, be warned you will be labelled a misogynist if you subscribe to all or even some of it.

Meanwhile back in the Big Mango, the 3 Kings are getting ready for their pilgrimage to Cambodia. I have been reading up on Cambodia and lately they have not been doing well, apparently due to changes in the weather that have hurt the farming industry. The Bangkok Post recently published this article which sums it up:

https://www.bangkokpost.com/news/special-reports/1495430/migrants-face-changing-climate

My last visit to Phnom Penh  was over 10 years ago so I am interested to see what has changed in the last decade. I will endeavor to take some photos to share with this blog.

Now that Thavorn has her Permanent Resident visa we are starting to make plans for the move to Canada. We are planning for a February flight that will drop Thavorn and Jaidan into the Great White North. It will be a great culture shock for them. I plan to soften the shock by flying into Vancouver and spending a couple of weeks there. It will enable us to purchase some winter clothing and get used to Canadian cultural differences.  After 2 weeks we will fly into Ottawa and look for a place to live for at least 6 months.

A Permanent Resident visa requires that Thavorn spends 2 years out of the next 5 years in Canada. I plan to ease into it with a 6 month in, and 6 month out out, and then at least a full year in.

Leaving in February will enable us to say our goodbyes to Thavorn's other children as they get a full month vacation in October. I also want to coach the senior boys basketball team again as I had forgotten how much I enjoyed coaching basketball. The majority of the boys are in going into grade 11 and I will have them for this coming season and the next. After that, I will be turning 70 so I will reevaluate after that.

We will also decide whether we want to live in Ontario or British Columbia.  B.C. has a more moderate climate and a more Asian population and also shortens the flight back to Thailand for visits much shorter and much cheaper. However, for the next two years it will be Ottawa.

Eventually we will settle into a snow bird's life, using Thailand as a substitute for Florida.


Summer of 69  .. oh to be 19 again  :-)


But Thailand comes close  .. Heaven .. Bryan Adams

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment