Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Winter in Bangkok

Today's song is: All I want for Christmas .. Bangkok version.

Yes  .. a lady-boy ..

I have been really busy coaching basketball, looking after Jaidan, who has been sick, and looking after Thavorn who had some cosmetic surgery performed.  Bangkok is probably the cosmetic surgery capital of the world. Inexpensive and excellent, practice makes perfect.


The Blink Clinic on Soi 23, just up the road from Soi Cowboy

During my free time, I have been out on Cowboy with my friends Arthur, back from the US, Harvey, back from England, John, recently married, Tommy, a new friend from Denmark, and assorted working girls I have known for years.

The weather is fantastic, with a high of 30 during the day and lows of 24 at night with no humidity.

Bangkok is gearing up for Christmas ..






I have started to take advantage of the gym in the school where I coach. It has an excellent weight room ..




Fitness memberships are very expensive in Bangkok so this gym saves me lots of money that I can spend at Cowboy  :-)

Ashley and his girlfriend Bridget arrive from Ottawa on January 4th and will be spending the first month of their 5 month tour of Asia in and around Bangkok and are staying in a one bedroom apartment (furnished) in my building for $500 for the month.  

The 4 Bad Boys from Ottawa  .. Ashley is the bald dude  :-)

That will enable them to ease on into life in the big Mango and LOS (Land of Smiles) and get acclimatized to the change in temperature and culture.

My first Thai gf Jip, whom I still stay in contact with is looking good at 37. She ended up marrying a hi-so Thai man and is enjoying the good life, although it is in Udon Thani, far up North.


This is high season in Thailand so prices of rooms are up and are difficult to find. As soon as the new year arrives, I suspect their will be hoards of Chinese arriving resulting in airport chaos, with long immigration and taxi queues.

TTYL

1 comment: