Sunday, July 30, 2017

Happy Birthday Jaidan .. 3 yrs old

Today's song is:  Happy Birthday  .. Minions


It's been quite a ride! It seems only yesterday that Jaidan arrived in the early morning of July 31st 2014 at Kua Nam Thai Hospital. It was quite different than the 2 previous births I attended as Thavorn was quite calm and nonplussed when her water broke. I then remembered for her last child, she spent 45 minutes in labour on the back of a 125 cc motorbike to get to the hospital. No big deal Jimmy, we have time :-)

We flagged a taxi and arrived at the emergency at the hospital and things just happened. Thavorn had been getting monthly checkups at the hospital as I had purchased a birthing package for 30,000 baht that covered everything, including an incredible room and 5 star service.

I asked Thavorn if it was possible for me to attend the birth, but there was no way the hospital would permit it. No big deal, an hour later, Jaidan arrived. I asked Thavorn if it was painful and if she cried. She said, 'No, Jimmy the doctor gets angry and tells you to be quiet if you make noise!' I was somewhat surprised as Jaidan was a big boy at 4.3 Kilos whereas most Thai babies come in at around 3 kilos.

Jaidan had a very healthy first 3 years with a couple of fevers and colds and 1 bout of pneumonia where he was hospitalized for 3 days, but other than that he was a going concern. Three years, and the formula, bottles, and diapers are gone except for nights.

Hopefully he is out of the terrible twos. Jaidan has mastered you tube on my smart phone and is owner of the TV remote during the day. Like most days, he loves dinosaurs. I don't get the attraction myself, but I now know most of the dinosaur names.  Jaidan loves to run, run, run, especially now that he has his new Nikes. Unfortunately he still loves to parade around town on top of my shoulders and at 107 cms and 23.2 kilos, he is starting to get somewhat heavy  :-)

I dropped Jaidan off at school today and he was greeted with Happy Birthday and they have a cake for him at lunch hour. I think school has been good for Jaidan. Thavorn is keeping Jaidan out of school for the next month for company while I am in Canada. Thais do not like to be alone, something to do about ghosts.

I was somewhat apprehensive about having a child at 64 years of age but it has turned out well and I think kept me young. Thavorn has also enjoyed Jaidan as she has actually been able to raise Jaidan herself, rather than placing him in the village with her Mother. As my buddy John told me when we announced the pregnancy 3 years ago, 'Children are God's gift to mankind!.  He was right :-) It certainly has not been boring!

Here are some pics, throughout the 3 years, in no particular order.








































TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment