Friday, January 20, 2017

New Beginnings ...

Today's song is: Girl, You Know it's True  .. Milli Vanilli


Today is inauguration day for when president-elect Donald Trump becomes President Trump. It should be an interesting ride for the next 4 years, especially watching how the extremely pro liberal/democratic news network reacts to Trumps disdain of said network.

It was interesting to watch CNN's 'End of Obama ...' special that documents the last months of Obama's presidency. The one thing that stood out to me was the time spent on the main speech writer and his team of 6 speech writers. One of the few things I admired about Obama was his ability to come up with good speeches. Now, I only admire his team of speech writers and perhaps his teleprompter. A US friend of mine calls him the 'empty suit' president because he is all a manufactured image that spews forth democrat ideology and does not have an original thought of his own and makes decisions based on 'team 'input'.

It's kind of like discovering that your favorite singer lip syncs (hence the song of the day choice).

In contrast, Trump is writing his own inauguration speech and there is no doubt in mind that will lead to much criticism but I respect his decision to present his own thoughts on the state of the nation. Some of my favorite quotes on the usefulness of committees:



Perhaps, the Trump approach  ...


The reason I quote CNN frequently is because it is the only major new source in English that I get on my cable TV channels. I used to get Fox news which gave me the opposite (right wing) news source to balance things out, but it got dropped because someone objected to it ..

However, I do remember when Obama was elected, almost everyone wanted him to succeed. In contrast, everyone seems to want to see Trump fail. You would think that 4 year's of failure would be a hollow triumph ..  but then again, democrats have still to accept they lost a done deal due to stupidity and a flawed candidate. They tried to sell an agenda that was not palatable to middle class rural America, called the heartland of America for a reason.

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment