Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Jar of Beer

Today's song is: Starving  .. Hailee


Derry Byrne, ex director of the Ottawa Catholic School Board, was one of the smartest men I have known. He was a great Catholic Educator and passed away with cancer at the height of his career. Not much can be found in memory of him on the web. One memory I have of Derry is his love of a good time while enjoying a jar of beer. I never really understood the 'jar' reference and chalked it up to his Irish roots.  However, I am now a proud owner of 4 jars, and whenever I pour a pint into one of them my mind remembers Derry and a smile crosses my face.


I have also adopted the Thai habit of adding ice to a beer. You have to update your fluid intake in Thailand and it also cuts down on your alcohol consumption.


Thavorn likes to get out with her Thai friends, Here she is, out for a few beers with Whacky Tacky and Fon enjoying a few beers. This is in great contrast to a recent pic I took of Thavorn while back in the village.

This head gear is used to keep the sun off their head and face while working in the fields during a 12 hour day. 

Meanwhile, back at the apartment jaidan has taken to emulating his poppa while using a smart phone.


It is really quite interesting to see how children copy the behavior of their parents. I am so happy that neither Thavorn or myself, or any of my friends smoke. I doubt if he can see much with my glasses on :-)

My business partner (Brent) and his wife (Jeanine) arrive early in February and it should be interesting to get their take on Bangkok since they were here 6 years ago. They will also have the benefit of an experienced guide to answer there questions and show them around. Thavorn is looking forward to meeting them.

All three of us our getting over a really bad cold with fever that seems to hang around for a couple weeks so we are keeping a low profile and staying put in the apartment. Our 55 inch TV is paying great dividends in keeping us entertained. Our new fire 200/50 internet connection make viewing any online content effortless. Unlike Canada, we can get just about any food ordered online and delivered to our door in 20 minutes (McD's, KFC, etc.)  by motorbike for 40 baht. It gets easier and easier to live in a 3rd world country  :-)

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment