Saturday, September 17, 2016

Saturday Night out for Jimmy

Today's song is: The Logical Song  .. Supertramp


Tonight is my last Saturday night out in Bangkok for a week so I thought I would head out about 4:30 in search of some challenging games of pool a few beers with some pretty ladies.  Not that it will be a long night as we are up early, about 7 am to head off by taxi to Don Muang airport for our 10:30 am flight to Phuket.

Phuket has a brand new terminal so I am anxious to see it. Thavorn's sister and BF will pick us up at the airport and drive us to the Marriott. As I type this blog Thavorn is mercilessly teasing her sister as she eats red grapes and drinks a red wine cooler and shares the experience over LINE video as her sister can afford neither. However they own a truck and I might as well pay them the 600 baht transfer fee than some taxi :-)


Phuket is an international airport because it is a major tourist destination with easy access to Phi Phi and Krabi which the Scandinavians enjoy.

A typical night out for pool which actually consists of 20 baht per game, 2 jugs of Singha beer for myself, and a couple of lady drinks and a 100 baht tip for my pool lady usually comes to about 1,000 baht for 4 hours of entertainment which is about $35 CDN. All in all, a good night's entertainment and even more so if I win.

Bangkok has a plethora of beer bars, with salaried and free lancers, gogo dance bars with gogo girls and coyote dancers, and my favorite, pool bars with pool girls.  Beer bars and pool bars often come with live music as well. There is also no shortage of wine bars and high end hotel bars and roof top bars for the hi-rollers out there but I find them somewhat stuffy and no cheaper than back in North America.

Don't forget, when you are tired and all played out there are the massage parlors both legit and discreet to wind down in.

If you can't enjoy yourself in Bangkok then there is something wrong with you :-)

TTYL


No comments:

Post a Comment