Friday, September 16, 2016

Pool

Today's song is: Do it Again  .. Steely Dan


Not the kind you swim in but the kind you play. I love to play pool but unfortunately do not have the chance to play or practice as much as I like but nevertheless, at times, I play well.  Yesterday Thavorn, Jaidan and I headed off to Country Road for a few jugs of Singha and a chance to play pool. Dum, whom we normally play with had a day off. Dum would be the resident #3 player and plays a decent game. May, is the resident #2 player but I have not seen her for a while.

That left only #1 who I normally avoid as she is very, very good. Thavorn started off and managed managed 5 games and ended up losing 3 games to 2 but one of her wins was when #1 scratched after sinking the 8 ball. She did have a legitimate win which was really quite good for her.

Couple of pics of Thai girls playing pool, from the net  .. not mine  ..


Classic Thai form


It was getting late, about 6 ish and we were asked to leave before 7 pm as the army was coming in at 7 pm to run a check on the bars and Jaidan is not 20 tears of age or older and we did not want to get the bar in trouble. After 2 jugs of beer I was ready to take on #1 (for the life of me I can not remember her name).  The whole key with #1 is to make sure she is never left with an easy shot. An easy shot for #1 is pretty well everything that does not require a bank or combination.  I managed to that for the game and ended up with the cue ball on the rail and the 8 ball closest to the side pocket which was not ideal, but I made the shot and that now makes me #1 in the bar as I have beaten her twice now :-)

However, I am sure if I played her for 10 games that the score would be 6-4 or even 7-3 for #1. When I play well, I am very good, but I do not get enough practice to play well most of the time.

It is Friday night and I would love to head out and play pool but I have been caring for Jaidan, most of the day and I am tired, so not tonight. Maybe Saturday night :-)

http://tastythailand.com/best-pool-and-billiards-bars-in-bangkok-thailand-good-food-great-beer-cute-thai-girls/


Above article was published in 2011 but is still relevant although the Sportsman has moved to Sukhumvit Soi 13

Tomorrow being Saturday, we have to do some washes and get packed for our early morning flight to Phuket, which reminds me I should check in on the web to save some time at the airport.

A couple of shots of Jaidan sitting on Darryl's (RIP) motorbike and side car outside of Dollhouse on Soi Cowboy. Darryl was well liked by all the staff of Dollhouse before he fell off the balcony at his condo. Seems to be a common occurrence in Thailand.





TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment