Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Phone and Data Update

Today's song is: I've Seen all Good People  .. Yes



I have been using my phone's data plan as my primary internet connection for mobile as well as my computers working off of the phone's wifi hotspot sharing. I was using a prepaid sim that gave me 20 GB of download a month for 1,799 baht.

I now have a Thai bank account that lets me purchase a post paid plan. For a farang to have a post paid plan they need a passport and one of a work permit or Thai bank account.

My post paid plan costs me 1,888 baht a month but gives me 75 GBs a month at very fast speeds.

Here is my latest speed result:



The other great part of this plan is that I can piggy back up to 4 more AIS (provider) phone numbers onto the plan and share the voice minutes and data access. I can go online and track the usage to see who is using what and add and delete numbers at will.  Just a great plan.

I was also due a phone upgrade from my business revenues as my last business phone, a Samsung Note 3 was over 3 years old and had died 4 months ago. Of course a Samsung Note 7 was out of the question due to its battery problems so I purchased a Note 5 which is actually a great phone with a great camera. It was going for 21,990 baht at the local TeleWiz store which sells AIS services and has staff that actually understand English :-)

TTYL

1 comment:

  1. Malaysia has taken a giant leap forward recently with internet speeds. for RM200/mo I get 300 Mbps and unlimited GB. Of course that is irrelevant for you but just sharing. I am surprised you could even manage with 20GB given that Jaidan and kids like watching those cartoons on your computer (on Youtube I assume).

    ReplyDelete