Friday, September 2, 2016

Back in Bangkok

Today's song is: Magic Carpet Ride  .. Steppenwolf


The move was uneventful except our pickup truck arrived at 6 am rather than the designated 8 am. Go figure, meant we had no time to shower or have a coffee. Thai time is variable at best.

Tacky arrived to help us move in. Mostly she welcomed us back by chatting and helping me finish off the bottle of 'welcome back red wine' that I bought for myself.

When we arrived Jaidan was a little apprehensive but when we entered our apartment he did his little happy dance as he recognized it from the first 2 years of his life. He has since settled in extremely well and is high fiving all the staff and the resident motorcycle taxi drivers who all seemed happy to see him back on soi 22.

This afternoon I will probably head off to Rumors Bar with Jaidan to say hello to everyone in that outdoor bar. I am sure they will find a big change in Jaidan.

I decided I needed a bigger work desk for my computer equipment so off we went to Office Mate (Depot) and I bought a desk on sale for 3,000 baht. Unfortunately when we brought it back in a tuk tuk, I discovered it was completely unassembled, but 4 hours later Thavorn and I had it all together, and so far, it is meeting my needs as it has quite a bit of storage inside it, for my many backup drives and cables.


My existing work chair has self destructed and I am simply using one of the regular apartment chairs. If my butt protests I will find a new work chair.

We have been to Big C twice now, buying supplies for the apartment, almost starting from scratch as much of our stuff was trashed over the past 4 months in the village. It was time for new pillows (175 baht on sale) as sweat stains are not that enjoyable to look at when changing pillow cases.

I am also going to install my own dedicated internet as Windows 10 updates are killing my 20 GB download cap on my cell phone. I have the equivalent of 5 Win 10 computers although some are virtual.

TTYL

3 comments:

  1. I'd raise the external monitor up a couple more inches so the bottom of the screen is not obscured.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So why haven't you written anything in the last 5 days? Did you fall off the end of the earth?

    ReplyDelete