Saturday, August 15, 2015

Lonely

Today's song is: Mr. Lonely by Bobby Vinton ... 1964 ... I am 13 years old :-)


The Beatles are just about to burst onto the North American scene, but ballads are still very popular.

Today Thavorn and Jaidan headed off to her village by taxi. Jaidan looked so sad as he waved goodbye to Poppa. Little does he know it will be a month before he sees me again. I decided to send Thavorn by taxi because there was a lot of baby stuff we wanted to give to her brother Tum and she could not take it on the bus. It will be almost a 3.5 hour taxi ride and the cost will be about $100 so not too bad.

Thavorn 's aunt just died on Friday and the cremation will probably be Monday or Tuesday. Regardless because I leave for Canada on Tuesday night, I could not attend. I am not too upset because it will be very hot in the village and the mosquitoes seem to love this farang's blood not to mention the red ants that eat my flesh at night. The red ants seem to be able to get under the mosquito netting.

The last time I went to Canada and was away from Jaidan he was 1 month old and barely remembered me when I got back after about 3 weeks. This time I am gone for almost a month but I am sure he will remember me and will miss me. He always comes to me when he is in need of a hug :-)

I spent the day programming and learning some new things about programming. A quiet day and an even quieter Saturday night as I plan to curl up with a Science Fantasy book that I have been ignoring.

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment