Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Homeward Bound

Today's song is: Homeward Bound by Paul Simon and Willie Nelson ... Sorry Mr. Garfunkel


I chose this version as I really like Willie Nelson.

My flight leaves at 12:40 am on Wednesday August 19th. I always get a little paranoid when I fly at that time as it is all too easy to read the time wrong and miss your flight. A friend of mine who tragically killed himself in Subang Jaya, Malaysia by hanging himself off his apartment balcony did unfortunately miss out on a week long vacation to Paris France by misreading his ticket. Michel, always the optimist handled it better than I would of. Unfortunately, there were some things in his life he could not handle.

Male suicide is an unfortunate part of today's society that is under reported for some reason. Death by suicide is more common in men than women but the PC do not deem it important.

I am looking forward to seeing my two children Jaime and Jordan and my two sisters Ann and Elaine while I am home. Unfortunately I have a couple of weeks work to do as well, but Brent and Jeanine are great hosts and look after me well. I also look forward to getting together with life long friends Larry (aka Coach), Don (aka little Dude), Billy, Liz (aka Dizzy Lizzy), Debbi (aka Wicked Wensley), Mike (aka Bainer), Rheal (aka Duke), Cindy, Francis and Matt.

It would be nice to see Steve, Linda, and Gabe as well. It is always good to reconnect with old friends you have not seen in a long time. Randy Fitton who now lives in Singapore will be hosting a luncheon for anyone who he worked with at the Secondary Program department. We are shooting for lunch on Wednesday Sept 9th. If you are interested in attending drop me an eMail at CoachJimDale@gmail.com. Please note this is a change of date from this week!

Maybe I am a little dense but I am slowly beginning to realize the debt you owe your friends as you progress through your life. Sure family is important but you get to choose your friends where you do not get to choose your family. People in life I admire and probably never told them include, in no particular order are Mike Revels, Derry Byrne, Vic D'Amico, Micheal Baine, Brent Wilson, Peter Lineger, Tom D'Amico, and last but not least, Larry Brown. Some of you may have noticed there are no women in that list and I would be remiss not to mention Liz, Debbi, and Deirdre who are all guys kinda gals.

I also admire my two children Jaime and Jordan who are great individuals who any parent would be proud to call his own. I also tend to take me two sisters for granted (probably due to sibling rivalry) as they are both extremely successful and supportive of yours truly.

Nuff said, time for another Scotch. Today's scotch is Seagrams 100 Piper's ... not my favorite but cheap.

TTYL

BTW

The bombing last night in Bangkok was 7 km from where I live so I am safe. Unfortunately 28 people died and well over a hundred were injured and sent to hospital. Unfortunately there are cowardly idiots in this world who look to injure innocent people for whatever reason. Thank you to all who enquired :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment