Monday, August 17, 2015

Last Monday in LOS

Today's song is: Everybody Hurts by R.E.M.


Another classic from the 90's

Last night (Sunday) I was footloose and fancy free and made the rounds of X-Bar (expat bar), Country Road (live music and pool), and Shark GoGo Bar. I met an old friend at X-bar and chatted for a while and then decided to play some pool so off to Country Road I went. I decided to play 2 of the pool girls with whom I am normally competitive with but I lost 6 games in a row and packed it in. Now that Jaidan is here, I seldom play and never get a chance to practice and it shows in my game.

After losing at pool I strolled down Soi Cowboy and decided to enter a bar I have never been in before called Shark GoGo. Now by that name I would expect to find some Thai girl sharks out to exploit punters and I was not disappointed.

It was happy hour and drinks were 80 Baht so that was good. The ladies on stage were GoGo dancers and Coyotes. I made eye contact with a flirtatious GoGo dancer and when her dance shift was over she dropped by and said hello. She had a great smile and a good command of English so I bought her a drink and we discussed her nose reconstruction and breast augmentation surgeries and whether or not they were good for business. She was obviously a career bar girl and I made it clear that I would not be taking her home because I had a GF. While she was chatting I asked her the difference between the GoGo girls in white and the Coyote girls in black. She said that the Bar Fine for GoGo girls was 600 Baht and Coyotes was 1,500 Baht and I asked why the big difference. She said the Coyote girls were all 20-22 where the GoGo girls were 25 and up.

I suggested to her that we smile at one of the coyote girls to get her to drop by after her shift and she did. The prices for a girl drink were also different. GoGo girl drinks were 160 Baht and Coyote girl drinks were 200 Baht. When the Coyote girl arrived she could speak very little English and acted like the 20 year old that she was. Why anyone in their right mind would bar fine the 20 year old bimbo over the 28 year old GoGo girl is beyond me. I guess some punters like that type.

When the next shift hit the floor I was surprised to see an old friend up on stage. The first time I met her she was working Soi 22 and later on moved to Nana. I jumped up and waved her over and received a big smile from her. She was a GoGo dancer despite being only 22 as she had been working the bars since she was 19.  I immediately booted the other 2 girls away and bar fined my friend so she would not have to get up and dance every 10 minutes. We then spent a couple of hours chatting on what was happening in our lives.

My friend was a little bit depressed as she has been unable to find the love of her life. She is absolutely gorgeous with the most stunning figure I have seen in Bangkok and it is all real. She was at a loss to explain why she has not found someone to be with. Her latest interest was a 56 year old guy that she really liked but he told her that she was too young for him and was looking for someone in their early 30's. Now I would say she is not a young 22 year old as she has 3 years in the industry but she is one of the few Thai girls I know that does not have a child. The 20 year old coyote girl I chatted with already had 2 children.

My friend and I said our goodbyes after a couple of hours and she went back to her dancing and I went home alone to sleep. My friend wanted to join me but I left my butterfly life behind when I met Thavorn and Jaidan was born.

I chose today's song for my friend. I hope she finds what she is looking for.

TTYL

1 comment:

  1. Good song, "Everything Hurts". Things often do. But there are good moments in life.

    ReplyDelete