Sunday, August 13, 2023

Saturday Night in BKK

 It is low season in Bangkok but you could not tell last night. I started off as usual at Country Road for a couple of happy hour vodka and red bulls. Then it was off to Dollhouse, one of my favorite Cowboy bars where I met an Aussie who had recently discovered Thailand. Kind of reminded me of myself about 13 years ago.

The Aussie was enamoured of a recent addition to the bar scene who was very shy and needed a little encouragement. I suggested he invite her down for a drink and I would do the same with another lady so she would have some Thai company. That turned out to be a good idea and the 4 of us decide to go party at Nana for the evening. We decided to walk from Cowboy to Nana which is always a good test of how much fun the ladies will be.

Nana (soi 4) was busy as usual as we threaded our way to Nana Plaza. First stop should always be Billboard and it was superb as usual, especially the suds tub. After Billboard we hit her sister bar Butterflies and it was also very busy. The pole dancer was good and turned out to be a friend of the girl I was with so we shared some conversaation over a few drinks and then headed off to Hillary 2 for some dancing, drinking, and songs.

I was dismayed I no longer knew any band members but that changed when the bands changed and one of the band member recornized me and gave me a big hug. I stayed at Hillariy's until 2 am when I baled on a motorcycle taxi back to my hotel where Thavorn and jaidan were sound asleep.

The next morning my new Aussie friend texted me stating he had a very enjoyable night.

All in all a great night in the City of Angels.

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment