Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Mommy Died

 It has been 15 days since the last post and I have been ill the last 10 days with some awful bug. I tried to fight it off for the first 5 days  but eventually went to the local pharmacy with Thavorn and got a round of amoxocillin and I started to heal. I believe it is that RSV thingy.

Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV)

Respiratory syncytial (sin-SISH-uhl) virus, or RSV, is a common respiratory virus that usually causes mild, cold-like symptoms. Most people recover in a week or two, but RSV can be serious. Infants and older adults are more likely to develop severe RSV and need hospitalization.

It was exacerbated by not being able to rest as I was busy with Jaidan as well as relocating from Bangkok to Phuket. However, definetly on the mend as that is good because I fly to Phnom Penh on the the first for a visa run.

We arrived at the Marriott Beach Club Resort in Phuket on Friday, the 25th and Thavorn's mother passed away on the Monday the 28th. Thavorn and Jaidan immediately joined the sister's family in the 12 hour pickup drive to the village. I stayed behind due to my illness (mainly the hourly diarhea).



Thavorn and Jaidan should arrive back in Phuket on Monday sometime and we fly out Tuesday back to Canada. I fly back from Cambodia on Sunday and have booked an airport hotel for the 3rd and 4th. It has not been an easy trip due to many things. 

Thavorn is happy to be there for her mom as well as see her family that she has not seen for over 4 years. She wore a joyous smile on her face as she held her 4 year old grandchild for the first time :-)

Mission accomplished.

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment