Saturday, August 5, 2023

Back in the Land if Smiles

 It has been a busy week as Thavorn's mom ended up in the ICU of the Wichian Buri Hospital due to complications with her diabetes and the superbug. The family is congregating to decide on a course of treatment, if any.

I booked a one way flight from Toronto to BKK for Thavorn, Jaidan, and I as we could not be sure of the outcome although I suspect she will be taken off life support.

We flew to Toronto on my airmiles, Toronto to Icheon South Korea with Air Canada, and Icheon to Bangkok visa Jeuju Air. We then stayed at an Airport hotel in Bangkok and took a taxi the next morning to the village at a cost of 3,000 baht.

We spent the first night in the heat under a mosquito net on a hard yet saggy mattress. Jaidan and I bailed to a local hotel for last night bur we will change locations for tonight as their are no grocery stores or restaurents near by.

Last night, Thavorn's sister arrived about 8 pm and Thavorn got to see her new nephew and neice for the first time as well as her son Dun and daughter Tai for the first time in over 4 years.

Yesterday afternoon, Thavorn and I went with her two aunts to the hospital and saw her mom. She is on her last legs and I believe there is a family meeting today with the head nurse for next steps.

Not much has changed in the village except for more dogs roaming around and more vegetation than I remember last night was also a huge rainstorm last about 3 hours. Very humid.

I am getting used to my laptop once again and will post some pics








TTYL

1 comment:

  1. Give our best to Thavorn and her family as they deal her mom's illness. Paul and Cathy Cotton

    ReplyDelete