Saturday, September 12, 2020

Autumn

 Today's song is: Born to be Wild .. Steppenwolf

One of the things I missed in Thailand was the 4 seasons. Thailand has 2 seasons, summer (wet) and winter (dry).  Of the four seasons in Canada, Autumn or Fall has always been my favourite. I play 10 years of High school and University football and I suppose that is why I relate more to the Fall then any other season.

Fall is also the time of year when the apple orchards open up for picking and their is nothing quite so good as an apple right off the tree.  You can pick various apple from September thru to the end of October.



Besides being healthy, they taste awesome.

Speaking about being healthy, my doctor suggested that I should adopt a Mediterranean diet to lower my cholesterol.  Thavorn has quickly adopted my meals and here is a picture of my lunch today:


featuring fish pan fried in Olive Oil, avocado, sweet peas, and broccoli, with a slice of lime. Actually tastes pretty good :-) I am lucky that Thavorn likes to cook and spoils me (nit noi).

Our birthdays are coming up soon as I celebrate on September 23rd and Thavorn on September 24th. We used to celebrate at midnight in Hillary 2 in Bangkok, at least before Jaidan arrived. We are both year of the tiger :-)

This year I promised Thavorn a purse at the Coach outlet store in Ottawa. Thai women love their purses.

This year I start a new decade so I am low key as I don't really see the need to celebrate getting older.

However, Autumn is when we celebrate Thanksgiving and the scenery is more than reason to be thankful.


Autumn also means the end of motorcycling season in Canada which reminds me that I need to get one more motorcycle before before get too old. I am closely watching the debut of Triumph's newest addition to their lineup. I started with a Triumph 650 Bonneville in 1969 so it would be full circle to end up with a Triumph.  https://youtu.be/gRoLpMtRHiA

TTYL





No comments:

Post a Comment