Saturday, April 18, 2020

Getting into Isolation

Today's song is: Hot Cars and Songs of 2017


I had a great day today as I am really getting into cocooning and social isolation. I am also enjoying Lego Technics, building and modifying my models to make them motorised. Today I finished my first mod and my only disappointment is I wimped out and went with 3 motors rather than 4. However, not bad for my first try.




I am still waiting on the blue tooth controller from Hungary which should be in sometime early next week. It will then be fun to test it against Jaidan's motorised car that Thavorn built.

Thavorn's car uses a blue tooth controller made in Slovenia.  Both controllers were gofundme projects.





I have 2 more cars on order, one a smaller Corvette model that I have ordered motors for that I will motorise. Tee second car is a Chinese clone of a Lego super-car mod that features 5 motors and a Chinese lipo battery and controller. It is about half the price that the Lego super-cars are. It will be interesting to compare the quality as well as the building instructions. The Chinese clones feature motorised vehicles vs having to do your own. Trying to figure out how to motorise the vehicle is half the fun. Thavorn will build that model which as 2000 pieces!

Here is a YouTube of the speed build of the Icarus. This is what Thavorn will be doing.


TTYL




No comments:

Post a Comment