Thursday, June 21, 2018

Party Time

Today's song is: House of the Rising Sun  .. by the Doors, instead of the Animals


and Kesha's verion


Harvey, my buddy from London arrives at 3 pm and we meet up at the new relocated Kiwi Bar just off of soi 8. The new Kiwi Bar is okay but does not have the same vibe as the old bar which featured a nice terrace outside that you could sit and watch the people walk by. The new bar is on the first side soi to the right as you enter soi 8 and does have a terrace, but there is no traffic on the side soi, so boring.  The great happy hour until 7 pm still exists but the new bar is quite a bit smaller than the old. Time will tell if it declines in popularity.

Today is Friday, typically a busy night in Bangkok, even in low season.

I received a strange eMail form an English bloke complaining about being ripped off by a bar girl from PopEye bar in Queens Park. Now, I am very familiar with that bar and the owner but I was surprised to receive the eMail so I queried back and the person said he picked my eMail off the PopEye Bar web site. It turns out a created a free website, hosted by Weebly, about 5 years ago for the owner and lo and behold, it was still in operation.

It turns out that the girl had agreed to go long term with him for $2,000 baht but took off about 2 am while he was sleeping. No big deal, except that she took 5,000 baht out of his wallet before she left. The person was not able to complain to the owner in person as he had an early morning flight out to Udon Thani and no doubt he mentioned this to the girl who thought she was good to go with a self helping from his wallet.

I agreed to follow up on this with the girl and the owner because the owner needs to know when her girls are ripping off her customers.  It will be interesting. I think I may approach the girl first to see if she will confess and pony up the cash if I don't rat her out. I doubt it as they usually rely on lying their way out of trouble.

On Monday night, the three kings are getting together to plan our Cambodia trip from July 4th to 8th. King John has been there in the past 6 months and will brief Arthur and I on what to expect, visas and how much $US cash we need.

July will see my buddy Shaun arrive in Thailand from Canada to start his new life teaching at an international school in Bangkok. It appears that his Thai GF will accompany him which is probably a good thing.

At the same time, one of my ex basketball players arrives to become the Athletic Director at the same international school and I am looking forward to seeing her after about 15 years and meeting her husband and 7 year old daughter.

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment