Monday, March 13, 2017

Words of Wisdom

Today's song is: by Ed Sheeran  ..


My favorite bar in Bangkok is Hillary 2 a music/dance/beer bar on Soi 4 (Nana). By coincidence, my favorite Road House bar in Ottawa when I was in my 30's was called Hurleys. It was a favorite place for friends to hangout after school on a Friday evening.

One Friday evening when I was out with some friends, a good friend of mine named Larry saw me reach for my cell phone (yes, they had cell phones back then) and asked me who I was calling.  It was about 11 pm if I recall correctly.  I told Larry that I was calling home to tell my wife I would be late. Larry exclaimed 'why the f..k would you want to do that.  Now you are going to get shit twice, once when you call and later when you get home!'

Life is hard, you have to minimize the pain. Wisdom comes with age and I understand the point Larry was trying to make  :-)

Tonight was another birthday party at one of the bars that the NOOB found work at.  We stopped by to wish the owner's husband 'Happy Birthday' and asked the owner how P was doing and she said great and that she was very happy with her latest addition. Sometimes things do surprise me. Over the last 2 years we have passed 4 girls of various ages (23 - 40) on to this owner and only one girl, P has stuck it out past 2 nights. It is not for everyone.


Birthday Party Girls  ..

As I type this, I am chatting with a friend working in another bar who I would have thought snapped up by some farang by now. She says she is not lucky. Maybe lucky = not too picky :-) She is 27 and most guys under 50 are just visiting Thailand on a holiday and may or may not come back a 6 months to a year later. One guy wanted to take her to Canada but she did not get a visa.  He came back 6 months later but she no longer found him of interest for a variety of reasons.

She is correct about one thing, you have to be lucky!

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment